1. Team building exercises are an important component of many offsite meetings, and for good reason. There is value in working together in a different realm. You could create different exercises which allow team members to see each other in a different light and abilities emerge that may not be apparent in day-to-day work environment.
2. Encourages creativity amongst team members. One way is by moving your meeting to an offsite location, you lift some of these barriers that block creativity. Having your meeting at an offsite location, encourages employees to shine in a different light and can generate meaningful creative ideas. When you sit in the same conference room, employees tend to sit in the same spot, chat with the same coworkers, and stare at the same place and it becomes routine and boring. Changing locations promotes brainstorming and strategic decisions.
3. Mental Focus happens naturally when people attend offsite meetings or seminars. They are more engaged with less distractions. Productivity will increase as they will be much more interactive and want to participate.
4. Technical support Many offsite venues offer the latest technology that help spruce up your presentations. Having access to these will enable you to be more engaging during your presentation while keeping your teams’ attention longer.
5. Human Integration There is no substitute for meeting in person when understanding each other is so important. Technology today makes it easy for us to communicate regularly, quickly, and inexpensively through email and videoconferencing. When you are in the same space, you can pick up on non-verbal communications that can easily be missed.